Christmas is a very special time of year and many people make extraordinary efforts to decorate their homes and gardens for the holiday period. You may have spent hours and hours choosing and positioning your decorations, but we’d like to suggest you take a few minutes to make sure your Maine home insurance is in place, and up-to-date before you get lost in the celebrations.
Here are some holiday light safety tips to consider:
• Always check the whole set of lights. Discard any sets with broken sockets or damaged cords.
• Check the packet to make sure your lights are safe to use outside.
• Outdoor lights should be connected to a ground fault circuit interrupter.
• It may sound obvious, but stay away from power lines.
• Don’t use tacks or nails to secure lighting.
When you’ve done all you can to ensure your display is safe, it’s worth having a word with one of our friendly Maine home insurance agents, just to make sure you are covered if the worst happens. Then, you can relax and bask in the glory of your work!