Here’s when it’s time to re-think your insurance:
- When you’re with a direct writer: If price, coverage and claims payment are important to you, remember that “captive agents” are not independent. They work for their Company first and for you second.
- When premiums increase every year: Sure, Prices can go up. But they can also go down. If you face “automatic” increases every year, either you agent is not able to change companies, or doesn’t wish to.
- When your agent doesn’t shop for you: You shouldn’t have to call a half dozen sources to get the best coverage and competitive rates. Your agent should analyze your needs, and offer you options from which to choose.
- When an agent doesn’t offer you “Risk Management”: Hints on reducing risk and installing safety devices (alarm systems, dead bolts, etc.) should be part of the service. They can save you money, as well as grief.
- When you hear from your agent only at renewal time: You deserve to be contacted periodically, not just when your premium is due. A mid-year review on most coverages (to be sure they are still current) should be part of the service.
- When you call and it takes forever to find your file or call back: When you call, it’s Important! So whether your agent, a customer representative or a secretary answers your account information should be immediately available. An important part of service!
- When there’s no “Personal” claims service: Let’s face it – when you have a loss, you don’t want to talk to a recording or voicemail or an ‘800’ number. You want and deserve a human voice and personal assistance for a fast, fair claim settlement.
- When you can’t get all of your coverage from a single source: Maine Personal Insurance (and Maine Business Insurance, if you have a business), and life/accident and health insurance can all be under one roof. That way, no matter what protection you need, no matter what losses you suffer – you always know where to go.
- When you don’t have your own agent or customer service representative: Insurance is a service business and you’re entitled to be served – not only by and agent but by a customer service representative and a dedicated staff that cares about your important business.
- When you’re not so sure about the insurer who provides you coverage: “Stability” should be the name of the game when it comes to your insurance company. If you don’t recognize the name, or find that the company has a poor rating, it’s probably a good idea to get a second opinion.
If you are interested in correcting any of these Insurance “problems” or would like a second opinion, or a competitive quote on and policy give an expert at the F. A. Peabody Company a call. You can also go to our website and fill out an online quote request form and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.