Providing insurance to Sherman, Maine and the beautiful and unique Katahdin Region of the state.
In 1956, F.A. Peabody Insurance of Houlton, Maine, established its first branch office in Sherman. At that time, one agent worked from home. In 1981, the agency built a new branch office and hired more employees to better serve the community.
Sherman, Maine is a small town in the heart of the Katahdin Region, best known for Baxter State Park and the formidable Mt. Katahdin, the highest peak in the state, and countless hiking trails. The region includes not only Sherman, but towns such as Patten, Island Falls, Millinocket, East Millinocket, and Medway. Certainly, it is a sparsely populated area. However, the people who live here require diverse personal and business insurance products. Our small-town agency supplies these products, with the help of modern technologies.
Athough small, our Sherman branch affects the entire state of Maine. In addition to serving the immediate community, an employee in our Sherman office staffs our online customer service chat. Also, many of our phone calls are directed through our sophisticated system by staff in Sherman. So, the benefits of a personal agent are combined with the state-of-the-art technology that our office possesses.
|Monday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
“I enjoy hunting with my Husband. We have a competition in our house with me and my husband and adult children that whoever gets the biggest deer for the season gets bragging rights for the year. It has become very competitive in our house and we all try to get the biggest deer and sometimes we get nothing because we are trying to get the biggest that we let the smaller ones walk away.”
Northern Penobscot District Sales Manager & Commercial Sales Agent
Fun facts from Kim:
- Entered the insurance industry in 1980 in New Hampshire as a receptionist and career advanced into management through the years.
- Settled in Ebeemee, Maine which was previously “camp” in 1997 with her husband Michael after their son graduated from High School. Worked for Trask Insurance in Milo, Maine until accepting a management position for Katahdin Gateway Insurance in Millinocket in 2001, adding branches in East Millinocket and Lincoln. Very excited about the recent merge of the agency into the F.A. Peabody Company. Their staff and the prior staff of Katahdin Gateway Insurance will make an amazing team.
- Hobbies: Kayaking, Hiking, Fishing, Hunting and anything to do with the Maine outdoors
- Favorite thing in the job – Offering clients prompt, local customer service and assisting them with all of their insurance needs to protect their assets.
Phone: (207) 746-3687
Northern Penobscot District Manager & Commercial Sales Agent
- Associate in General Insurance
- Certified Insurance Industry Professional
- Certified Insurance Service Representative
- Certified Insurance Counselor
“I love watching the ‘Aerial’ (Aerial America, Greece, Ireland etc) shows from Smithsonian Channel; it feels like I am traveling and seeing the world right from my living room. I’ve also never thrown away a greeting card.”
“I truly value living, working, and raising my family in my community. I feel the greater Lincoln area really encompasses the meaning of community, because everywhere we go, we’ll always find a familiar connection which supports a greater sense of belonging.
Living in Lowell, my family and I enjoy fishing all seasons on Cold Stream Pond.”
Northern Penobscot District Service Supervisor & Customer Service Agent
Fun Fact: “I love to hunt and fish.”
About living in Millinocket: “I live in Millinocket with my husband, 4 dogs and 3 cats and absolutely love the area. We have a fantastic view of Katahdin from our front yard and easy access to all the ATV trails to hit with our side by side.”
Phone: (207) 746-3687