The unexpected often happens when we travel. So, buy peace of mind with travel insurance. Many options are available for events like trip cancellation or interruption. In addition, some medical expenses might be covered that are not covered by your health insurance policy. This is especially important with international travel. Also, it’s important to know what events are covered or not, and what limits apply to travel insurance.
The most common risks covered by travel policies are the following:
- Medical treatment
- Trip cancellation or interruption
- Travel costs and pre-paid charges if a trip is cancelled or cut short due to a variety of circumstances. Circumstances could include jury service, quarantine, death, bodily injury and more.
- Travel delays due to weather
- Delayed baggage (emergency replacement of necessary items)
- And more
Also, travel policies may include optional coverage for an additional cost.
Travel insurance usually does not cover the following:
- Preexisting medical conditions
- Unlicensed operation of a vehicle
- Traveling for the reason of receiving medical treatment
- Injury caused by alcohol, drug use or reckless behavior
- Events arising from terrorism or war, depending upon circumstances
- And more
Finally, always check with your agent to make sure you’re covered.
Welcome to F.A. Peabody Insurance – Maine Insurance Specialists
F.A. Peabody Insurance knows every customer is different, so we have worked tirelessly to offer a diverse product line and educate our Maine insurance specialists to better serve you! Founded in 1927 we have been offering this personal touch to all of our clients for over 90 years. With offices in Houlton, Hampden, Westbrook, Presque Isle, Caribou, Calais, Lincoln, Sherman, Madawaska, and Mars Hill, and the ability to quote online, we have all of Maine covered.
Whether you need affordable insurance in Bangor, Portland or anywhere in Maine, contact F.A. Peabody Insurance today to let us begin earning your trust.