by Hollie McAfee
This seems to be a big year for weddings in my part of the world. I’ve been getting adorable invitations in the mail from beautiful young couples. This makes me nostalgic about my own wedding 23 year ago, and makes me interested to see how things have changed. In researching for this blog, I ran across some fun facts.
- The most popular month for couples to get engaged is December.
- The average engagement length is 14 months.
- The most popular month for weddings is June.
- The average age for marriage is 29 for brides and 31 for grooms.
- The average number of guests is 139.
- The most popular colors are blue, purple, green and metallics.
- The most expensive wedding ever recorded (surprisingly NOT Prince Charles and Princess Diana’s) was that of Skeikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum and Sheikha Hind Bit Maktoum in 1979 in Dubai. They spent $137 million.
According to TheKnot.com, the average amount spent on a wedding in 2012 was $28,427. My Googling efforts indicate that an average Maine wedding is about $10,000 less, mostly because reception venues are much more expensive in other parts of the country. In either case, throwing a dream wedding, even on a budget, is expensive!
What if you pay for your wedding gown, and the bridal shop goes out of business before you pick it up? What if your photographer accidentally deletes all of your photos and schedules a retake? What if an extreme storm, like a hurricane, ruins your big day? What if the groom gets deathly sick the day before the wedding? These are all things that can be covered by a fairly inexpensive wedding insurance policy.
You can also buy liability insurance in case a guest gets injured or causes damage to a facility, and you can purchase liquor liability if you plan to serve alcohol to your guests.
With all of the stress that surrounds a wedding, buy yourself a little piece of mind by contacting us for a wedding insurance policy today!