Our eleventh annual Christmas Pet Photo Contest on Facebook begins December 4, 2023 and runs through December 22, 2023.
Humane societies/animal sanctuaries throughout the state of Maine will be earning the proceeds.
Here’s how the photo contest works:
First, an individual submits a photo entry, and they designate the shelter of their choice to receive $1.00.
Then, the shelter will receive $1.00 for every entry on its behalf.
If a shelter has more than 25 entries on their behalf, they will receive $2.00 for each entry from #26 on.
Therefore, the greater the number of entries, the more we will donate.
The photo with the most likes will win an additional $100 for the selected shelter.
We exclude winning pets of our previous Pet Photo Contests from winning, to give others a chance. We will still donate for the entry of previous winners.
All shelters will receive a $1.00 donation for each entry on their behalf regardless of which photo wins.
Contest starts December 4, 2023
- Submit a photo of your pet(s). Only one entry per household.
- Fill out the form and include the photo below.
- Photo clarity must be 300 dpi or higher image quality.
- Contest runs until December 22, 2023 at 4:00 pm EST.
- Open to Maine residents only.
- Entries are to include the photo, the entrant’s name, address, email address, and choice of animal shelter.
- Entrants must like our Facebook page.
- Winner(s) must be willing to submit or have a photo taken for our Facebook page, newspaper or other marketing medium.
- All entries are subject to approval by FAPCO. FAPCO maintains control over all postings.
- Entrants or participants must comply with Facebook rules by acknowledging that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- FAPCO maintains all rights to publish and/or use all photos submitted to the contest in our marketing and advertising.
- FAPCO maintains the right to publish the photo, name and hometown of the entrant.
- The photos must be original and cannot be submitted of other people or their pets without their permission.
- Recipients of prizes are responsible for all taxes on the prize, so they must be willing to complete the appropriate tax forms for our records.
- Pets that have won prior Christmas Pet Photo and Patriotic Pet Photo contests are excluded from winning.
- Benefiting shelters must be official non-profit organizations.
- FAPCO employees and their family members may enter the contest, but may not win.
- There will be a $400 cap per shelter for donations on entries. If a shelter meets this limit and receives the most likes, they will still receive the $100 prize. If they receive the 13,000 like bonus they will receive the $100 prize. Therefore, there is the potential to earn a total of $600.
The entry with the most “likes” wins! We will contact the winner by email and Facebook message. Contact us with questions through our Facebook page.
2023 Christmas Pet Photo Contest Entry
Complete the form and attach your photo