Our ninth annual Christmas Pet Photo Contest on Facebook begins December 1, 2021 and runs through December 22, 2021.
** Submit your entries for the Christmas Pet Photo Contest through our Facebook page**
Humane societies/animal sanctuaries throughout the state of Maine will be earning the proceeds.
Here’s how the photo contest works:
First, an individual submits a photo entry, and they designate the shelter of their choice to receive $1.00.
Then, the shelter will receive $1.00 for every entry on its behalf.
If a shelter has more than 25 entries on their behalf, they will receive $2.00 for each entry from #26 on.
Therefore, the greater the number of entries, the more we will donate.
The photo with the most likes will win an additional $100 for the selected shelter.
We exclude winning pets of our previous Pet Photo Contests from winning, to give others a chance. We will still donate for the entry of previous winners.
All shelters will receive a $1.00 donation for each entry on their behalf regardless of which photo wins.
Bonus incentive for this year: We anticipate reaching 13,000 likes on our Facebook page! When we reach that milestone, we will draw a name from the entries that have been received up until that moment, and will donate an extra $100 to that shelter!
Contest starts December 1, 2021
- Submit a photo of your pet(s). Only one entry per household.
- Private message your photos to FAPCO through our Facebook page.
- Photo clarity must be 300 dpi or higher image quality.
- Contest runs until December 22, 2021 at 4:00 pm EST.
- Open to Maine residents only.
- Entries are to include the photo, the entrant’s name, address, email address, and choice of animal shelter.
- Entrants must like our Facebook page.
- Winner(s) must be willing to submit or have a photo taken for our Facebook page, newspaper or other marketing medium.
- All entries are subject to approval by FAPCO. FAPCO maintains control over all postings.
- Entrants or participants must comply with Facebook rules by acknowledging that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- FAPCO maintains all rights to publish and/or use all photos submitted to the contest in our marketing and advertising.
- FAPCO maintains the right to publish the photo, name and hometown of the entrant.
- The photos must be original and cannot be submitted of other people or their pets without their permission.
- Winners are responsible for all taxes on the prize, so they must be willing to complete the appropriate tax forms for our records.
- Pets that have won prior Christmas Pet Photo and Patriotic Pet Photo contests are excluded from winning.
- Benefiting shelters must be official non-profit organizations.
- FAPCO employees and their family members may enter the contest, but may not win.
- There will be a $400 cap per shelter for donations on entries. If a shelter meets this limit and receives the most likes, they will still receive the $100 prize. If they receive the 12,000 like bonus they will receive the $100 prize. Therefore, there is the potential to earn a total of $600.
The entry with the most “likes” wins! We will contact the winner by email and Facebook message. Contact us with questions through our Facebook page.