Have you ever suffered a refrigerator breakdown in the summertime just when you have finally saved enough for a family vacation? This situation is not unusual for you as a homeowner. This has become more common due to all the mechanical and electrical systems in your home. It’s in these situations and with other personal property that equipment breakdown coverage can help.
Unfortunately, your homeowners insurance does not automatically cover equipment breakdown.
We have all become more dependent on heating and cooling units, computers, major appliances and more. These repairs are almost always inconvenient and can be more costly than previously thought due to disappointing warranties. This is where equipment breakdown coverage can help.
Whether it’s an electrical or mechanical breakdown of personal property or a home system this coverage can help pay. The coverage is simple without several warranty programs to manage and track in hopes of attaining financial assistance. The following is a list of what may be included under your equipment breakdown coverage:
- Home appliances (washing machine, dishwasher, electric dryer)
- Air-conditioning systems
- Home electronics (computers, televisions, audio systems)
- Hot water heaters
- Refrigerators and Freezers
- Pumps and compressors
- Security systems
- Swimming pool heating and filtration systems
- Motors, fans and vacuum systems
Times When You Might Need Equipment Breakdown Coverage
- Your dryer cord shorted causing your dryer to overheat and the unit requires replacement
- Your air conditioner compressor requires replacement due to an electrical short
- An artificially generated power surge destroys your water heater and media equipment.
As always, call your FAPCO agent to learn more about this coverage and see if it’s right for you!